× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Don't plan on the bonus you were promised

• brevardmom
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #127 by brevardmom
Don't plan on the bonus you were promised was created by brevardmom
They will make up any excuse necessary to stop you from getting the bonus. That is the facts! From "they didn't put the right code in" to "you didn't observe the rules of the code that they didn't put in". The FDIC should investigate this company for fraud, if they truly cared about our rights. I am making a complaint and I advise anyone else who has been scammed by them to do the same.
  • Sara
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #141 by Sara
I agree, don't plan on receivng that $150 they told that you were going to get after 60 days of your account opening, it'll never happen.

I opened my virtual wallet account online via chat and was told that as long as I set up direct deposit and have deposits totaling $2000 per month, I would recieve $150 within 10 days, after the 60th day. I set up direct deposit with my employer and setting it up, can take a little time, and I explained that to the representative. It's not just a flick of a switch and your next pay is going straight direct deposit, it takes a couple of weeks or so, before it officially set up with your employer. Anywho, when I set up my account she advised me that I had 60 days to set up my direct deposit (in which I did immediately), and when the direct deposit was set up, it was about 3 weeks later. after the 60 days past, no money, soI called and spoke with a represenatives and they advised me that they will look into and I should see the deposit within 10 days. Ok, a hole month go by, no deposit. I called again and spoke with a rep, and she said, she is not sure why it was deposit and she will put in another request and I should see the deposit in 10 days, OK now 3 weeks have past, still no bonus. So I called and spoke with another representative, (by this time, I'm pissed) She advised me that I did not qualify for the bonus because my total amount did not equal $2000 the first month. I explained to her that direct deposit takes time, especailly when you already have direct deposit set up with another bank and I told her, it doesn't happen overnight. She advised me that she will complete a complaint form and send it up for review. At this point, I'm just going to close my account and not even deal with it, especially after reading all of these complaints. Why go through the mess!!
  • Lily
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #915 by Lily
can't agree more. I set up everything , the direct deposit, the e bill thing, now they tell me the will submit the request but they can't guarantee I can get the $150 promotion. because I switched my account to basic checking account. They have nothing noticed on the promotion. The only require is 2000 total direct deposit and a payment through their e bill . I did both of them within 60 days. Now more than 100 days went by I got nothing. I am going to shut down my PNC account even through I have to pay 25 as they said.
  • Leigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #923 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Don't plan on the bonus you were promised
I didn't qualify because I only work part-time. But my husband qualified (2000 in direct deposits) and he made one payment using the bill pay. Received his bonus within 2 weeks after making after that. Was surprised it was so fast, was planning on it being 4-6 weeks.
  • Bobby
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #931 by Bobby
Replied by Bobby on topic Don't plan on the bonus you were promised
They screwed me on the bonus payout as well. I set my account up with Elka Jones at the 56th St branch in Indianapolis. She told me that I would quality for a $200 bonus if I direct deposit at least $2000 per month. No problem. Got my direct deposit all set up and everything was good. Almost three months later, I still hadn't received my bonus payout. So I emailed Elka Jones. I had to email her twice during the course of a week to get a response, which was "I'll look into it". She never got back with me! I did a secure message through the PNC site. Got a response back from a customer service person named Deb Batten, saying it can take up to 10 days for them to resolve the issue. That was the last I heard from Deb. Never got back with me! I sent another secure message. Yvonne Tubbs responded this time, stating that I did not have the qualifying online bill payment. What the hell was she talking about???? When I opened my account, Elka Jones clearly failed to mention this. I informed Yvonne about the fact that this was never mentioned. I was told by Elka that I would get $200 for signing up and having $2000 in direct deposits within 60 days. Period. That's a verbal contract entered into with a representative of PNC. Anyways. Yvonne was no help and I was told that the only person who can make an "exception" is the branch manager, Nikki Olin. I spoke with Nikki, who told me there's no such thing as a $200 bonus. The most they offer is $150. Way to not know your promotions, Ms. Manager! She was friendly though, but told me that she had to speak with Elka Jones directly and would contact me the next day. She kept her promise, but told me that Elka stated that she did tell me about online billpay. Of course she said that...cover her own ass! So Nikki would not "make an exception", however she did escalate this for me. I was contacted by Lauren Robinson in Executive Client Relations. She spoke with those involved and then offered to "meet me halfway" and deposited $100 into my account. So...it took multiple weeks to find out where my bonus payout was, I had to deal with way to many people, both branch and corporate personnel, and still got only half of what was promised to me. I will be closing my account today. But I will gladly take the time and tell this story to anyone who'll listen. Do not bank with PNC. There are plenty of other good banks nearby. I don't even know how Elka Jones still has a job.
Moderators: admin