× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

credit card charges for scams

• scammed
  • scammed's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #997 by scammed
credit card charges for scams was created by scammed
:unsure: About a year ago, I wrote about my problems with PNC Credit Card Officials. I included my story of being scammed out of alot of money, trying to deal with the PNC credit card to get my money back. I was really surprised to not have any responses to my situation. It will be almost 2 years now, I am still fighting what looks like a losing battle. In one of their responses, PNC stated that the money I am trying to get back, has since been paid off. What they did not know is that it was only transferred to my home equity loan (lower rate) but absolutely not paid off. The balance that remains on the credit card is expenses I have since incurred trying to get help with this. They way I looked at it, was, since they said it had been paid off, I figured that I did not owe it, so I just stopped paying the credit card bill. Yes, it has hurt my credit rating but I have followed up with letters the FTC, letters to the 3 major credit companies, notifying I was a victim of fraud and many, many calls, letters and so much at this point, I have lost track. At this point, PNC has listed sold the account to bill collectors. I don't remember the exact terminology they used, but all I know is that I will not pay the credit card, no matter what. My point of all of this, is I just wanted to know if there is anyone else out there, that has gone through this type situation. I would to love to hear from you and how you dealt with PNC Credit Card Officials.
Moderators: admin