× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Like to jump through hoops? Interview with PNC!

• gunners1886
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 5 months ago #944 by gunners1886
Yesterday, Monday November 3rd, 2014, I had an interview for a teller position with PNC. Needless to say it did not go well. Let's begin:

I was scheduled for 3 PM, I arrived about 5 minutes early and was told to take a seat. One of the two people I was scheduled to meet with was with a customer and it would "just be a few more minutes." Well, as the minutes passed manager kept assuring me it would still be just a few minutes and the other manager I was meeting with actually walked past me to go back to the teller station and again assured me it wouldn't be long. 45 minutes passed and I walked out because honestly, that is ridiculous. To be fair to them, this branch was particularly busy and it was the first full business day of the month (and a Monday) but you'd think someone who does this for a living would know the days/times that are customer heavy and NOT schedule an interview.

When I got home I had a boilerplate form email from PNC telling me "regrettably this is not a mutual fit" which is so sincere, but what do you expect? I was still annoyed today (clearly) and decided to call PNC's human resources department about this event who assured me they would pass this along. Not expecting to hear back and figuring this was just lip service, I was stunned when the recruiter who I had a phone interview with called me back. She told me that I had been "unpleasant" to the managers when they were saying "just a few more minutes" and that I had walked out after about 15 minutes wait. When I tried to dispute this the recruiter stated "well I wasn't there so I don't know what to tell you." This blatant passing the buck caused me to absolutely blow up and then and only then did I ever become anything resembling "unpleasant."

I'm glad I had this experience because it confirms A LOT of negative things I've heard about PNC in the area from their customers. I don't mean to sound paranoid but I feel like perhaps making me wait was a test they put potential interviewees through and I failed. If that's the case, I'm more than happy to not work for a company that decides this is the best way to judge people.
  • Olive
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 4 months ago #2472 by Olive
This is a test to see how desperate you are to work there and how much bs you're willing to put up with. I went through the same thing in my 4 month long interview process at Capital Advisors. In the end I took the job because it was December, and I hadn't worked in a year. Biggest mistake of my career, and the crappy offer was the 100th sign that I ignored.