× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

PNC mess up with Conversion RATE!!!

• Judy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #46 by Judy
On 2012-08-13, I deposited a Canadian bank draft into PNC bank at a local branch, and they told me it going to take 4-6 weeks to get the deposit done. So I waited for 3 weeks. During the waiting time, I went the branch twice to ask about the currency rate and the status of this deposit, and they told me that the CAN/US converting rate would be based on the rate given on the day of the deposit. And today (September 1st, 2012) I received my money, but I found the currency rate is not the rate that given by the national bank. I checked the Bank of America for CAN/US currency rate is 1.0146 on 2012-09-01, but PNC did the conversion based on a rate of 0.9654!!! And I lost more than 5000 US dollar for this deposit!!! I went back to check the currency rate during 2012-08-13 to 2012-08-31, the lowest CAN/US rate was 1.0051 and the highest was 1.0160. I have no ideal how PNC made up the rate, and they have never told me what the converting rate will be before they go ahead and converted my money. I went to the branch this morning, and explained them the whole story, they just coldly saying this is not what they can do, and tell me to call the customer service and explain it to them. So I called, and the customer service just transferred me around, and I didn’t get any help and answer. It funny that my roommate having the same story likes me with PNC Bank!!!! Please help us!
  • Judy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #47 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re: PNC mess up with Conversion RATE!!!
If you more any information that can help us, please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. MANY THANKS!!!
More
7 years 3 months ago #732 by scammed
Replied by scammed on topic Re: PNC mess up with Conversion RATE!!!
Were you given anything on paper as to what the conversion rate was on the date of your deposite that you could take to the bank personally and show them? Am I reading that correctly, that you lost $5000.00 because of this?. If they caused me to lose that much money, I would turn that bank inside-out and back again to get my money. There has to be some official documention showing the conversion rate on that particular day, there has to be. I would get that and then go straight to the President or Manager of the branch where this transpired and stick it where the "sun don't shine" and I would get my money that day or I would go to the next highest individual of PNC or I would not stop until I had my money. Now, I have to say that $5000.00 is an awful lot of money to me. It may be, that, that much money is not that much to you, to go to all this trouble, only you know the answer to that question!!!! WELL, IS IT????
Moderators: admin