× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Better understand what "pending" really means (to

• falcon0370
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #25 by falcon0370
Summary - If you have $100.00 in your account and a "pending" deposit of $1000.00
and "pending" debits of $101.00 they will charge you an OD Fee.

Ultimately - they will only count "pending" debits against your account but that "pending" deposit they seem to brush under the rug so they can charge you overdraft Fees

Below find the chat session with PNC.

Thank you for choosing PNC Bank. This chat may be monitored for quality assurance purposes. The next available Online Consultant will be with you.

Hello, this is Bill. Thank you for choosing to use our online chat service. How may I assist you today?

Me: This is truely rediculous! I have been charged 4x $36.00 OD Fee but never went negative. This "pending" status is deceiving. I want these charges reversed.

Bill: Good morning, Mr. ********! I can review the account for you today! Just a moment, please!

Bill: Mr. *********, the reason that four fees were debited is because there were not enough available funds on 3/14 to cover both the pending and posted transactions.

Bill: Would you like me to break down the activity>

Bill: ?

Me: Sorry I dont mean to be gruff but this isnt the first time i have had trouble with this account

Me: I would like them reversed as i never went negative

Bill: Let me take a look for you. One moment, please!

Bill: After reviewing the account, we are unable to provide an additional credit.

Bill: We apologize for any inconvenience.

Bill: We would ask that you please visit the "Making the Most of Your Money" web site available at pnc.com for more information.

Me: I understand that PNC is a large company and losing 1 customer isnt a big deal but if i cannot get satisfaction i will move my business elsewhere
  • Shawn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago #2459 by Shawn
This is a terrible bank took money out of account they dont care about people only there money there a legal way to rob you pnc is a terrible bank and the 5000 people i hv on social media i will make sure they change banks
  • g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #2474 by g
there are class action settlements you can get if you had an account from 2005 2012 ask google PNC class action overdraft, you might be able to get some $$$ back

UNFORTUNATELY THE DEADLINE TO FILE A CLAIM ON THIS CLASS ACTION SUIT HAS PAST.
www.pncbankoverdraftsettlement.com
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by admin.