× Welcome to the PNC Sucks forum!

Tell us and our members how you were treated unfairly. Maybe your story will help someone else.We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Not an efficient operation

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 8 months ago #2458 by Anonymous
Not an efficient operation was created by Anonymous
I just had my mortgage transferred to this company and I have to say that I am a little taken aback by how difficult they make it to be a customer. I have been calling for over a month attempting to arrange a payment. In order to pay online they charge you a fee, or you have to fill out a form on paper and mail or fax it in. I have numerous accounts with many companies and I have never had an issue making a payment or splitting and paying additional on the principal. This company does not give you an option. For the first 12 days that we were transferred I called literally every single day. Each day I was told they could not locate my account, in the mean time they call me 2-3 times a day for 4 days and hang up as soon as I answer. I called the number that was doing this back and it was PNC collections. They were asking where their payment was... Really? The other part that was really annoying is they sent me a letter in December stating they would deliver payment coupons prior to them taking my mortgage on January 1st. Never came, and when I called to determine the status and/or get them to me, you guessed it, they couldn't locate my account, really get your act together. Way easier process at Wells Fargo and Chase for paying a mortgage.
  • RH
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago #2466 by RH
Replied by RH on topic Not an efficient operation
I used to work for PNC - in the mortgage division - for 18 months. They really have no idea what they are doing. The back office employees are mean, insensitive, rude and basically incompetent. PNC Bank only has a mortgage division as they think their customers might want one from them. Mortgages are not likely to be approved there, as their underwriters (while good) are very strict, and are very closely monitored. Their processors are mostly worthless paper pushers that make government workers seem super efficient. Loan officer do their best to fight the bureaucracy, but its a never ending battle.
My advice - stay away from them - any way you can.
Moderators: admin